-->

Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Arrival in Sacramento!!

I'M HERE I'M HERE!!! We arrived in Sacramento at about 9:00am their time, I think. It was so fun going down the escalator and being welcomed by our Mission President and his wife.There were about 15 elders and 8 sisters of us traveling together. My Mission President is Pres. Jardine (Jar + dine (like, I am going to "dine" tonight), and we are their first group coming out! They are from Ogden, UT.They are brand new! It is so special because they will always remember us as their first set of missionaries coming out. They are so sweet!! We are in the mission office now. We will have interviews today and other meetings. Tonight, we are having dinner in the Mission home to get to know them more. Tomorrow, we will be assigned our trainers and areas! I am so pumped! They have said all the trainers are AWESOME! 
Getting to call home before leaving for Sacramento!! Haha the sketchy pay phones were awesome. The next time I get to call home is Christmas!!! 

Some facts we have learned about the mission so far: There are about 250 missionaries total, and about 60 of them are sister missionaries. There are SEVEN languages in this mission! I can't believe it! English, Spanish, Laotian, Chinese, etc....can't remember the others...The mission is about 2 hours big, and we will get to attend the Sacramento Temple about 4 times a year. That is what we have gotten so far. They said it is very culturally diverse, but everyone is incredible. I am so excited to get started tomorrow! Today is just a lot of orientation stuff. I am getting used to being back in the real world haha. 
Getting to call home before leaving for Sacramento!! Haha the sketchy pay phones were awesome. The next time I get to call home is Christmas!!! 

I hand wrote everyone back today who wrote or emailed me in the last week...so watch out for those! I mailed them at the airport this morning! 

I am assuming P-day is Monday, so I will talk to y'all next Monday!!

With love,

Sister Hickman  

No comments:

Post a Comment