-->

Monday, November 10, 2014

The Baptism HAPPENED!!!!

Hi everyone!!! This weekend was incredible because Wesley and Mohammed GOT BAPTIZED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It was this last Saturday night. It was so special! Everything went so smoothly. Seriously! Sister Wilson was actually the one freaking out something would go wrong because she said something always has with her baptisms. I was the calm one. Imagine that!!!! President and Sister Jardine came, so that was very special because it is not often they can make it to baptisms. The spirit was strong. Other missionaries brought investigators, and they said the baptism helped with their own investigators wanting to be baptized. The ward ROLLED out. It was packed! They felt so loved and supported. I have never seen them so happy! Albert came and supported which was great! He did not do anything crazy this week to be baptized. He accepted that it is the Lord's timing, and he is being patient. We honestly have no clue when he will be baptized. Welsey's two sisters came, which was awesome. At the end of the baptism, Wesley and Mohammed bore their testimonies. Mohammed said, "Sister Hickman, will you please read Moroni 10:32 for everyone?" That is the verse where he felt the spirit testify to him to be baptized. It was such a spiritual moment for me because it reminded me how these two have helped my faith grow so much. They have trusted in Heavenly Father, even in times when I have doubted. On Sunday, they were confirmed in church. Thelma, Albert's GF, came and brought little Harry. They stayed all three hours. It was just an incredible weekend. In Sunday school, we were introducing ourselves and Mohammed said, "I am Mohammed Konay, the newest member of the LDS family." It was so cute! They are loving the fact of the "ward family." 
Sister Wilson, Wesley, Mohammed, and me before the baptism!!! They need to work on smiling...
Us with Albert! He was such a trooper at the baptism.
Sister Wilson and me after the baptism! 
Our attempt of a selfie...we are a bit obnoxious 
We dropped like all of our investigators this week because none were keeping commitments or progressing. It takes faith, but we know God will provide! This week, we are really hoping to find those prepared people. 

Something I have not mentioned is that so many people I meet out here on my mission are Catholic. That truly is the religion I hear the most of. I would not have guessed that! Anyways, I am thankful I went to a Catholic high school, so I actually know some stuff! This week we had a lesson with this lady who is a VERY devout Catholic. It helped a lot in the lesson that I knew the basic beliefs of them. Sister Wilson was glad I had that Catholic background too! I tell everyone I am a quarter Catholic pretty much! I did go there 7 out of my 20 years of life. 
Little Harry wearing my nametag.
My heart is just so full. It has been a miracle and privilege to teach Mohammed, Wesley, and Albert. For those who do not remember, they referred themselves on Mormon.org. Who does that?!?! It was awesome! And they were taught the night before I came into the area, so I have been with them pretty much the whole time! We seriously are family. We are going over there on Thanksgiving for an African Thanksgiving :) That will be funny. Next week is transfer week. WHERE DID THESE 6 WEEKS GO!??!!? I feel like I just got here. Sister Wilson is freaking out. We do not know if she will stay or go. This is only her second transfer here, so I think she will stay. I hope I stay with her through the holidays. So next week, P-day will be Tuesday!!! I will most likely be staying here hah but I guess you never know....
My picture on the ward bulletin board...I thought it was pretty funny :)
I am so thankful for the gospel of Jesus Christ and how it is for everyone. No matter what age you are, race, gender, where you are from...etc. We are all children of God, and He wants us to return to live with Him again. I am thankful for the people out here who are willing to listen to us and put their faith in Christ. It takes a lot to completely follow the Lord's path, but when you do, I can promise your life will be exactly how it needs to be.

Thanks for all your love and support!! I love you all!!

Love,
Sister Hickman 

No comments:

Post a Comment