-->

Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Press Forward with a Steadfastness in Christ

Hi everyone!!! 
I cannot believe it has been another week! We have been so busy, which is so nice after being 6 months in Folsom. Shotgunning it always busy because we have so many people to get to know. We taught several people this week, but we are really praying for those that are prepared. I have been struggling about being "content." I have had a great mission, and I have learned tons. I have loved the relationships that I have from my mission. BUT, I want to keep having that faith and drive to see others come unto Christ in this area. I am just kind of content going day to day, whether anything "great" happens or not. A lot of missionaries are like that their whole missions, but I have never been like this and it is driving me nuts! Heavenly Father needs us to rely on Him and seek for those miracles! We definitely have seen many tender mercies in this area over the last week. 
Sister Lillie and I work really well together. She has adjusted to missionary life and is totally herself now. She is so chill!! Haha I think the first couple days she was just stressed being a missionary. She has a sassy, blunt personality like me but she is laid back and chill and I am more energetic and enthusiastic. We compliment each other well. She is catching onto everything so well. I love training someone by example where they just follow and catch on. It will be a great companionship :) 
This week during studies, I decided I was going to do the purification thing that I did back in April. I fasted on Friday, so that I could receive revelation on how to better consecrate myself the end of my mission. I kept having this impression about how I need to better learn "living in the world but not of the world" before I end my missionary service and go back to the "real world." That is something that I have struggled with my whole life....I just like nice things, okay!!!!!! This day, we met a woman in more of the ghetto part of our area. She was sitting outside her apartment, and we went up and talked to her. She has had a hard life. She has been battling being homeless her whole life and many other things. She told us a lot of her life experiences. She says she does not believe in Christianity anymore, for various reasons. All of her concerns could be answered from the Restoration lesson. We taught her, and the Spirit was very strong. Meet this woman was exactly what I needed this day. She thinks we were sent for her because she said she NEVER sits outside, but I think she was sent for me! I have been so privileged my whole life (dont worry, I am not just now realizing this), but I was reminded about it. I have so much to be grateful for. I want to live the rest of my life serving and loving others out of gratitude to my Heavenly Father. I want to be someone He depends on to drop anything to serve someone else if I see the opportunity. My mission has helped deepen the gospel principles in me, and for that, I will be eternally grateful. It is a life long pursuit to put off the natural man and become Christlike. I continue to work at it everyday, and I am amazed at my loving Heavenly Father who still puts up with me and blesses me everyday! 
This gospel grounds me, and boy would I be scared to see my life without it. Remember: "For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also." Matthew 6:21
My prayer is that our hearts will continue to grow towards the ultimate treasure, our Savior Jesus Christ, each and everyday. There will come a time when the cute clothes go away, the dream job ends, and it is the person we have become that stays with us for eternity. Let's continue to BECOME! 
I love you all!!! Have the best week ever! 

with all my love,
sister hickman 
we love downtown :)

we love downtown :)

This week we got to go to Downtown Sac for a big service project and
wear NORMAL CLOTHES (yay). It was so fun!!! I love cities :) I was in
my happy place.

This week we got to go to Downtown Sac for a big service project and
wear NORMAL CLOTHES (yay). It was so fun!!! I love cities :) I was in
my happy place.

fun afternoon today exploring old sac!

fun afternoon today exploring old sac!

seeing this guy made my day! I yelled across "BOOMER SOONER!" you
never see that in California!

the sisters in our zone at old sac!

cordova zone! i miss my little folsom zone! and I hate being in public
with lots of missionaries.....it is so embarrassing.......

No comments:

Post a Comment