-->

Monday, December 15, 2014

Get ready for BIG NEWS!!!

Hello everyone!! This was a crazy week full of some big news. There are a couple items.

Firstly, Sister Garrido (my companion...hopefully you all know that by now!) went home on Friday. She has had medical problems for many years. It was a miracle the Church even let her come out! Haha I do not even know how to explain it. We met with President and Sister Jardine this week. All 4 of us were in there talking and the Spirit was so strong, bearing witness to all of us, that she needs to go home. That is where Heavenly Father wants her. Let me tell you, she is one of the very best missionaries out here. This mission will miss her. I think she has known for a while that the mission was getting to be too much physically and emotionally, but she did not want to give up. In the end, she did not give up, but she humbled herself and is having faith in the Lord. I am proud of her. I know I was emergency transferred here to be her companion for these 3 weeks. We are soulmates! I love that girl. Her and Sister Parkinson will be in my wedding! Heavenly Father knows what He is doing and knows who we need to be with, whether good or bad :) She is safe and sound home in Hawaii. I heard from her today :) It has been hard for her, and it has been hard on me. The last thing a missionary wants to see is their companion go home early. It has been a rough week. I have now been put in a trio with Sister Campbell (from my MTC district!) and Sister Wheelwright (who I served with in the El Dorado Zone). I figured that is what would happen. It is right before Christmas, so I did not think President would emergency transfer someone to be with me. That would have been too hard on another missionary. We are covering my ward (Mission Oak) and their ward (Eastern Avenue). The wards used to be combined. This situation is similar to my first transfer when Sister Bishop got put with me and Sister Parkinson. Hahaha my 2nd trio!! Most people do not even experience 1 trio on their mission! My mission has been nuts!!! I should have guessed that since I'm Sister Parkinson's baby. She was involved in emergency transfers, like every other transfer her whole mission! Most people do not have missions so crazy like this, BUT I think Heavenly Father is teaching me to be flexible and trust Him. Maybe He is preparing me for a crazy life ahead :) Not sure. HAha but I have been a trooper, and I really have been fine! President and Sister Jardine are worried about me, and Mom, I know you are too. I promise I am loving life and still working :) If my mission has taught me one thing it is to "Press On." Life keeps going and we cannot stop! I will be in a trio until the end of transfers, so til the end of December. I'm sure they will split them, and I will get a new companion, but we never know :)

The second piece of news. We had a conference call with President last night with the whole mission. He read a letter from The First Presidency saying.....THEY ARE MAKING A NEW MISSION WITH PART OF THE SACRAMENTO MISSION!!!! It will be the California Modesto Mission. As if Cali doesn't already have enough missions :) This is officially being announced by the Church tomorrow. They are taking the south part of our mission and part of the Fresno mission. The south part is where lots of our baptisms happen, so that will be interesting! They are taking Lodi, Stockton, and Manteca. It happens next July. Yes, this means missionaries could be called to leave, from here, to that mission. We find out in January. To be honest, with how crazy my mission has been, I would not be surprised if I get moved to that mission. I really would not mind! Whatever the Lord wants, I will do. People kind of freaked out last night, but I do not think it is a big deal. It is right next door! I think it is awesome because it means these areas are doing so well with baptisms that they need to make a whole new mission! It is exciting! 
Back at the cello! It was a fun experience. This is for you, dad!

Wednesday was Christmas Temple Conference. It was very special to attend the Temple with President and Sister Jardine. It was right before Sister Garrido left, so it was fun to be with her. THe musical number went great! I loved playing the cello again. Another Elder played a solo on his cello. He showed me up a bit :) I served with him in El Dorado. He was always wanted to perform in Church. It was a great day to feel of the Spirit in the Temple. Especially in the middle of all this chaos! 

Sister Garrido and I at the Temple for Christmas Conference. What a great way to send her home :) 
Our MTC district reunited at Zone Conference! Sister Kandare's zone was with ours :) It was a blast being back together!!! And now, Sister Campbell and I are companions! 

Well, sorry this post is pretty factual this week. These are the details that have been going on! I love being companions with Sister Campbell. Haha it is an interesting dynamic in this trio. I am excited to talk to my fam on skype next week :) 

The East Sacramento Zone! This is who I will be spending my Christmas Eve/ Christmas with! 

I am so behind on responding to emails and letters! I am going to get a lot done on Christmas. Have a great week! I love you all! thanks for your support! 

With all my love,
Sister Hickman 

P.S.

P-day will not be next Monday for next week. We get Christmas Eve off, starting at 4pm. We then get all of Christmas off. I get to skype my fam for about 40 minutes. Hopefully, I can get on email that day too :) But just a heads up that you will not hear from me next Monday!!!! And for the following week, our Pday will be the same schedule for New Years Eve and New Years day. The next two weeks will be crazy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment