-->

Monday, April 6, 2015

HALFWAY IS THE SCARIEST THING!!!

Hi Everyone!!!!! 

This week was the best. Life changing. Seriously! So first off, I hit my halfway mark on thursday. I was on exchanges with Sister Campbell, so it was the best to celebrate our hump day together!! I just love that girl. It is really sad because missions go by way too fast. I do not want it to end. I am done thinking about time :) I just have got to soak it all in! 

So, this weekend was just so spiritual and wonderful. It started off with a Zone Training on Friday. In MLC (Mission Leadership council) this week, President gave us the topic, and then the Zone Leaders and STL's go back and present it to our zones. The topic was like "lower law vs. the higher law." Along those lines....It was not so much obedience because President is not mean or harsh at all, so focusing on that is not his personality. It was more like "What can we do MORE right?" So many things clicked for me! So the lower law is like the Law of Moses in the bible. Very checklist...cut and dry, etc. The Higher Law is what Christ teaches in Matthew 5. It is obedience by principle. The white handbook is the higher law. We should be obedient according to principle. the lower law isn't WRONG, but by living the higher law, you are taking it a step further. It totally clicked that I have been lower law. I follow all the rules, cut and dry, but I do not take them a step further. We read a talk called "The Challenge to Purify" (way good, by the way), and it talked about these Elders purifying themselves to become more dedicated servants of Jesus Christ. The commitment that President Jardine wanted us to do as a mission was to go through the white handbook and prayerfully make a list of what we can do that is "more right." I did that this past weekend, and it has been incredible! I was reading a talk by Lynn G. Robbins, "what manner of men and women ought ye to be?" It was all about "being" and not "doing." I am such a "doer" but I want to BECOME! anyways, I think this all might be confusing, but my life really has been changed.

General conference was AMAZING!!! Idk where to even begin. I loved so many of the talks. This has truly been one of the most spiritual weekends of my mission. 

Kody is getting baptized this saturday! He is the 19 year old who went to all 4 years of seminary with his friend. I am not sure if I told you about him. the zone leaders are a little upset because he is YSA age, but he doesnt want to go to the singles' ward. 

WE FOUND A FAMILY!!! THEY ARE GOLDEN AND SO INCREDIBLE!!!!!!! they are on date for May 2!!!!! SERIOUSLY I CANNOT STOP SMILING!!! HEAVENLY FATHER IS THE BEST!!!!! They have 2 boys..a 10year old and a 4year old. They just moved into the house of one of our potentials. that is how they were friend. Tender mercy let me tell you! we watched conference with them yesterday morning. They LOVED it!!!!!! AHHHHHH I just love everything!! I am so happy. I love teaching them. I go on exchanges in my old area tomorrow in El Dorado...I cannot even wait!!!

Have the best week ever!!!!!!!
Love,
Sister Hickman
A member made us the cutest April Fool's dinner! the "cupcakes" were meatloaf and mashed potatoes. The "french fries" were sugar cookie strips with icing as "ketchup." It was adorable! 

A member made us the cutest April Fool's dinner! the "cupcakes" were meatloaf and mashed potatoes. The "french fries" were sugar cookie strips with icing as "ketchup." It was adorable! 


She copied me :) Hehe jk, but everyone was commenting on our matching shirts haha

celebrating our halfway mark together! Love my Sister Campbell :) 

celebrating our halfway mark together! Love my Sister Campbell :) 

Watching General Conference with my comp at a member's home :) What a fun weekend! 

Easter Sunday! I am thankful for Jesus Christ, and His sacrifice. Because of Him, there is so much hope and love in our lives.

Sister Wright took this of me after a long day of work. WORK HARD, COLLAPSE HARD! Welcome to our lives :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment