-->

Thursday, January 1, 2015

Happy New Year!!!

Hi everyone!!! 

So transfers were this week.....on Monday night, I got a call that I am training! I will be in the Mission Oak ward, here in East Sac, for the next 12 weeks. They split the wards and Sister Wheelwright is staying in Eastern Ave and Sis Campbell got transferred to South Sac. I went and picked up my little new missionary yesterday. I kinda felt like I would be training soon and wasn't too nervous until I got to the mission office. I was freaking out!!! 
Sacramento!
Her name is Sister Bills. She is from Ogden, UT. She is actually from the same ward as President Jardine. She did a year of school at Weber State. This is my first time to have a companion that I have nothing in common with except the gospel. It has been different, especially because I am training her. I honestly am scared to death. I am trying to think back to my training and how Sister Parkinson was!!! I think this situation is going to teach me a LOT of love, kindness, and patience. I know that I am assigned to her for a reason, so I will have to seek the lessons Heavenly Father is trying to teach me.
Meeting my trainee, Sister Bills
Luckily, Sister Kandare (other bestie from the MTC) got transferred here to East Sac. I am so lucky to have her in my district and zone!!!!!! 

In my studies this morning, something really hit me that I want to share. When Nephi was commanded to go back and get the plates, they first basically flipped a coin to see who would go talk to Laban. Then, they tried buying them. The third attempt is described in 1 Nephi 4:6 - "And I was led BY THE SPIRIT, not knowing beforehand the things which I should do." Well, right now I feel like Nephi. I have no clue what I should do, but I just need to be guided by the Spirit to know how to train. A lot of missionaries come out pretty much "pre-trained," so they catch on quickly. I will be doing a lot of teaching and guiding here, so I have to depend on Heavenly Father. These next 12 weeks will be an adventure!!!! 

The work is going well. We have a couple people on date for January, so we will see what happens! I will just be taking everything one day at a time. At least I know I will be here the next 3 months. 

I cannot believe it is 2015! Wow! We had last night off, and we hungout with the zone. Today is our P-day. Next week, our p-days will go back to normal on mondays :) 
New Years Eve with the missionaries! So happy Sister Kandare is in East Sac :) 
NYE missionary style....Martinelli Sparkling Cider  :)
With Sister Bills on NYE
I hope everyone has a great start off to the new year!!!! 

Love,
Sister Hickman 

No comments:

Post a Comment