-->

Monday, March 2, 2015

8 Months y'all!!!!

I cannot believe today is my 8 month!!! No wonder these missions are long....because they go by FAST, and I feel like I still have SO much to learn!!!!

This week was just a normal week of work!!! Our investigators are really progressing. We have a couple on date for the last Saturday of the transfer (before I am probably leaving), so hopefully they happen :)

I lost my patience a few times this week...surprise surprise.....

I can say that I am so grateful for this whole training experience with Sister Bills because I have learned more than I ever expected. I am NOWHERE near perfect, but I have learned SO MUCH about the importance of being Christlike, or striving to be at least :) I think this experience will have a lasting effect on me throughout my life, as I strive to develop more attributes of Christ. I am really focusing on charity, humility, and patience. I cannot believe I have 3 weeks left of training her. We went on exchanges this last week, and I went to another area. I missed her! I really did! I feel like she is my baby, and I was so worried to leave her all day. It went well though! I went to Rancho Cordova, which covers downtown Sac. I WAS IN HEAVEN!!! I am such a city girl, and I love downtowns. We got to do service at the food bank. Of course, I loved that!!! It was such a fun day. I really hope I serve there, so that I can do the fun downtown things on p-day :)

We have an ALL MISSION conf on March 13 and ELDER BEDNAR IS COMING!!!!! WOOHOOOO I CANNOT WAIT!!!! HE is one of my very favs!!!! It will be great :) That is our big news in the Sacramento mission :)

Thanks for all the support that you all give me! I love you all so much! People are right when they say mission's are the "refiner's fire." I am thankful for this opportunity to learn and grow and hopefully CHANGE for the better. That is what life is all about, afterall! 

Have a great week!

Love,
Sister Hickman 

No comments:

Post a Comment